Security for you in the event of long-term sick leave
Our Total Permanent Disability Insurance can provide you with a tax-free lump sum if you are unable to continue working as before. If you subsequently start a family or have children, there is an option to buy life insurance without the need for a new health assessment.
- Compensation for long-term loss of earning capacity
- Paid as one lump sum
- Right to purchase life insurance without a health assessment if your family situation changes
It is often tough to find yourself suffering from a long-term illness or trying to keep your head above water if an accident leaves you unable to work to your full capacity – or at all. In such cases, you don’t want household finances to become an additional burden on your everyday life.
A tax-free lump sum through the policy’s Total Permanent Disability Insurance can provide a needed financial boost and help make your everyday life a little bit better.
If you decide to start a family after you have taken out the insurance, you have what is known as an “option”. This means that you have the right to purchase our Life Insurance with Child Protection to reinforce your financial security even further. The option needs to be used within one year after your family situation has changed and there is no health assessment required.
- You’ll receive a lump sum payment if you, before you reach 60 years of age, have been signed off sick at least 50 percent of the time for 30 of the most recent 36 months.
- In some cases, 25 percent of the lump sum can be paid if you have not been able to work for 18 of the most recent 19 months.
- If you start a family after taking out the insurance, you can – within one year – purchase our Life Insurance with Child Protection (link to product page) without having to submit a new health declaration.
Compensation paid out from the insurance policy is tax-free.
You can purchase the insurance if you are part of a Euro Accident group agreement and
- are between 16 and 56 years of age
- live and are registered as residents in the Nordic region (excluding Iceland)
- have a right to claim benefits from the Swedish Social Insurance Agency or a Nordic equivalent.
The insurance can be purchased up until the day you turn 57 years of age.
If you are covered by a Euro Accident group agreement, you can also purchase insurance for your spouse, cohabiting partner or registered civil partner. He or she will then be co-insured with you.
The insurance lasts up until the month of your 60th birthday, or until you are no longer covered by the group agreement for whatever reason.
When the English version of a document does not exist, we link to the original Swedish version.
Read about my insurance policies
On My pages you find an overview of your insurance policies. You see what is included and how to use your insurance. If you have coinsured family members, you will find their insurance policies too.
Use the app
Manage your insurance matters in our app.
Get an insurance
Our insurances are purchased through insurance intermediaries.